Monday, May 14, 2007

Dr. Appointment

Today was my quarterly doctor's appointment, and I was curious to know how it was going to go because I knew my A1C would be higher than usual. It was 6.5%, which isn't as bad as it could have been but worse than it's been in awhile. So I decided to look back on my records and found most of them going back to 1999. I couldn't find a few years, probably because my doctor didn't give me a print out (the one I'm going to now doesn't give me one). I like to have them, but I write them down when she tells me and I thought I'd just start posting here. It's good to see a trend, and one step forward for my lack of organization.

My doctor appreciated that I was writing my sugars down better, and she told me not to beat myself up over or blame myself (which why not, it is my fault!) She did stress, though, to take care of myself.

Lessons from a diabetic who was diagnosed over 20 years ago...take care of yourself, eat right, exercise,write your sugars down, and see your doctor often. I'm proud to see my A1C levels never going over 7%, and that was even before I wore an insulin pump.

No comments: