Saturday, July 5, 2008

At a Loss for Words

I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been busy. Busy battling diabetes, working in a job I hate, and trying to help dear hubby run the business.

Today, I'm going to talk about forgetfulness. I think everyone is forgetful on occasion, but I've really been concerned about my forgetfulness lately. Even if my blood sugar is perfect, I forget things. Word definitions or spellings I used to know, someone's name, a telephone number. I even forget what I'm about to say when I'm talking to someone.

Experts say that forgetfulness in diabetics can be caused by too low or too high blood sugar, but I've also heard that diabetics are prone to early dementia. I do what I can, but sometimes I don't try to memorize things like I used to. It's almost like my mind has too much information, and I need a serious information dumb. I know that stress can be a huge cause, but sometimes I wonder if it's hopeless. I have diabetes, so is my memory hopeless? Am I going to forget, no matter what I do?

No comments: